Unless you are a makeup influencer or YouTube artist you want an easy makeup application so you can focus on getting your content out as fast as possible and feel your most confident while doing it. We know video is the next big thing and if you post a video on Facebook it's 6 times more likely to be seen than a regular text only post, so its a no-brainer we need to be doing more video for our businesses.
This is my usual 20 minute routine but if you are good with less makeup please feel free to edit out what doesn't work for you. I find tutorials are best watched with a pen and paper so you can write down any tips that you want to remember.
Links have been provided for my Kim Porter Beauty line available online and in my studio but the tutorial can be used with the makeup you already own!
For this tutorial I used the following brushes: Powder, Blush, Angled Blush, Concealer, Shadow, Blender, Smokey, Brow Definer
Easy Makeup Application for Videos
- Moisturizer- I deal with dark pigmentation and love the R+F Reverse Regimen
- Face primer and eye primer
- Curl lashes if needed
- Foundation with a damp sponge, I love this Real Techniques sponge
- Concealer for redness and under eye concealer
- Cream blush
- Powder to set makeup
- Eyeshadow, Highlight & Contour Palette, pink shadow (no longer available)
- Mascara (see video pt. 2 below)
- Brow powder and tint
- Lip Liner (no longer available)
* Cream Blush, Powder Blush, and Eyeshadows are magnetic and fit inside my magnetic mirror palette
I used the Stellar Lighting Ring Light in this video and when I do video for my business because it helps make me look my best.
So of course I finished the video and realized I didn't do mascara (oops!) so here is my best mascara tips!
If you watch the tutorial, please let me know I would love to know what tips worked best for you!